Sunday, December 26, 2004

Nintendo DS

Ahh, One thing I have that most of you people don't have. A Nintendo DS. Technically, I don't have it yet, But I will sometime February. It may seem like a long time off, but it actually works out nicely to me. For those of you who don't know, February is the release date of Xenosaga Episode II: Jenits von Gut un Bose. That day, I will have everything on my wish list, but that's sure to change.

You can find a review of the Nintendo DS at NFG.2Y.net

In other news, the Sony PSP is out in Japan. It's worse then my first impression. It may be better then the DS technically, but as far as design, It's terrible. I'm just going to summarize the nfg.2y review in this, but they are almost always correct.
First off: the UMD. It's Universal Media Disc here in the US, but it's Universal magic disc in Japan. Basically, it's a minidisc with design flaws. It has no protection from fingerprints or dust (other then the case, but you can't use it while it's in it). The place you remove it from the case is exactly where you shouldn't put your fingers. They practically destroy themselves, but in this case, Sony has devised a way to blame you. Plus, You need a Memory Stick to save your games. Not only that, but it isn't as flexible as a cartridge like the ones used in the DS....
Also, There's some problems with the buttons. If you press too hard on the square or right buttons, The screen might just brake. Those buttons actually overlap the outside of the screen. Yet another problem that the Nintendo DS doesn't have.
The most apparent problem with the PSP is the case itself. It gets dirty. Easily. Who in their right mind would make a shiny transparent controller that overlaps the screen? Fingerprints are extremely apparent, and if any part of the case is scratched, You should throw it away, because the neighborhood committee would have your head for having something that looks that dingy.

I'm so glad that I didn't ask for a PSP.

No comments: