Monday, May 23, 2005

It is finished!!!!

I had said a while ago that I was busy installing FreeBSD. I tried. It was hard and grueling.

Then I used OpenBSD. It's easy. The hardest part was Finding the geometry of the unpartitioned space of the hard drive. Then I just used the pkg_add feature to install Firefox from a precompiled package. Soon to come is Enlightenment and KDE (maybe gnome).

The great part of OpenBSD is the great hardware support. It's the most home compatible Unix I've ever seen. It immeadiately configured my wireless WMP54G 802.11g Wireless networking card, and also found my Sound card immeadiately! That's something no other unix has done so far!


Mad Props to the OpenBSD team


P.S. The address for Utopias is http://www.Akirsutopia.blogspot.com. Nothing's there yet, so don't look.

No comments: