Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Ubuntu!

I have recently installed ubuntu Linux on my computer. I did it mainly because when I reinstalled windows, it removed my bootloader. So now I no longer have OpenBSD. ubuntu doesn't yet support my Wireless Network Card, but right now, I'm trying to use the rt25000 driver. On this screenshot, running visibly is GNOME running on the X Windowing System. The three left-most windows open is the GIMP (GNU Image Minipulation Program), which I must say is noticibly faster on linux then Windows. The lower right window is Firefox opening an introductory webpage provided by the distro. The upper right window is Sound Juicer, the free CD ripper. It rips into Ogg Vorbis, which is quite nice (especially concidering the fact that the plugins needed to play MP3 isn't yet installed). As the network isn't configured, it can't review the CDDB, and it is viewed as Unknown.

No comments: