Monday, July 04, 2005

Proof_of_Life(Akir)

As you may or may not have noticed, I havn't made any posts lately. That is largly because I havn't had the opritunity to do so. I have been going to an equivilent of Summer Camp. The only difference between this and Summer Camp is mainly the Camp, but it is also in the fact that I am learning things. Scary isn't it?

In this program, dubbed the Summer Residential Program, I go through the simulated college experiance. I can tell you right now that it is boring as a 24-hour waiting room. We don't even get to sleep!

Anyways, I have made some acompleshments, Including the Apache Web Server, PHP, some XML programing, Nearing MySLQ; and after that phpBB. I may also add a Wiki. When all of this is finished, I will organize it and make it "Hello World" Creative's Home page. Project Candlelight will be on hold until I can find a good cross-platform game engine. Sphere isn't yet available as a Debian (or in this case, Ubuntu) package. Sphere would work slowly in any case, because it uses java. RPG Development Studio is moving slowly twards being linux compatible.

The biggest problem with Project Candlelight is the platform. Computers are too wide in scope to release any programs on without a wide budget. I might look into that Kalistos OS for Dreamcast just so I can try to program for something more concrete. Should programming the Dreamcast become too dificult, I could make this a Boardgame Book.

By the way, now, I'm completely Windows-free. Goodbye, Tyrany! Hello Ubuntuism!

No comments: