Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's International Akir-Music Appreciation Day!

Yes, it's time once more to listen to music butchered by DJ AkirIkasu.

First, the two most memorable songs from Actraiser.

Intermezzo

and

Filmore. Or at least it was Filmore untill I totally botched that one.

Props go to Yuzo Koshiro. He's just that awesome.

I got
a copy of FL Studio today, so the next song was made in it in a very different way. I still don't understand how to work it, but I discovered a wonderful feature; a soundfont player. Since I'm a big fan of the Mother/EarthBound series, I found a MIDI arrangement of Monkey Love Song on VGMusic.com, changed the default MIDI to the GeneralUser MIDI soundfont, then let FL Studio do the rest. Then I rendered the song in 32-bit float with 512-point sampling and used Audacity to convert it to crappy MP3. Flac may come soon for this song, but most likely not.

So, go listen to Monkey Love Song

And the crappy version of Filmore.

No comments: