Wednesday, July 09, 2008

More songs

Greasy Rhythms isn't selling too well. It's infuriating. So here's two Motoi Sakuraba songs. One is crap. The other one should have made it to the album.

I was supprised that there was a Motoi Sakuraba song I could do anything with. He's much like Yasunori Mitsuda in the respect that his albums are too good to make anything out of. But since Sakuraba only released an album of remixes from Beyond the Beyond, I finally had the oppritunity to tackle some of his works.

The first song is Flying.
It's a pretty good melodic piece. This is the one that I wouldn't release professionally. The problems are few, though, and easily fixed. I'm just too lazy to do it. The biggest problem is a small pause before the song repeats. There was also a problem with the mixing of instruments; the harmonic pieces tended to be too loud to hear the melody, which is never a good thing.

The second song is Ending.
This is a damn good song. I love it to death. There's only one problem with this, and it's just that I'm not happy with the string harmony. That part of the harmony is important to the song, and the samples I'm using hold up, but it's not up to my higher standards of quality. I made a change to one of the instruments did not seem to have the power needed to maintain the emotion of the song. Seeing as it was an aspect of the melody and the harmony, I fealt that I had to change it in order for the song to have its proper effect. Originally, it was a music box, but that was just way too weak. If I recall correctly, I changed it to a chorus of a special organ and a simple waveform (probibly square). The waveform enhanced the organ and made it sound simply fantastic, and made the song more victoriously ecstatic then it was in Sakuraba's original rendition.

(note: I'm having problems uploading this song. It's rather long at 16MB)
(Edit: Google Pages doesn't allow uploads bigger then 10MB, so it won't get uploaded.

As a side note, Ending did not make it into Sakuraba's Beyond the Beyond Album.

No comments: