Saturday, January 06, 2007

I've fallen in love!

 Of course, that would be the purpose of Ren'ai games.

 Due to a certain new relation to the Ren'Py engine, I have been introduced to Ren'ai games. that's right — "Romantic Love."

 This particular article is a note to Senior Year, the best of the bunch (unless you're a princess-maker kinda guy). It's so good, I decided to make the title the link.

 I have to say, Senior Year is quite a shining example of the genre (I say 'shining' because it's not quite like the rest — it's shinier). It's the first Ren'ai game to have complete English voiced dialog (except, of course, when it's you talking. That comes complementary with a birth). And it's perverted without being adult, hoorah!

 The first person that my persona (who was, oddly enough, named "Akir Ikasu") was Becky. It infuriated me quite a lot, because it only happened because I accidentally flirted with the stupid book girl! She's the one who you'll want to talk to if you're especially perverted. If you're not like that, then you will simply be laughing your head off. She's the type of girl who isn't really one to fall in love with (I previewed the marriage path, and she said "Why'd you have to ruin all the fun?"), but would really use as a so-called 'plaything.'
 And she was a friggin' waitress!

 The person who I seriously wanted to pursue was the splendidly angelic Linda. Her exquisite voice is none other then the marvelous Mirielle. If it's possible to say that I somehow got hooked on ren'ai games, it's Linda that did it.

 Linda's love is the hardest to pursue, but it's her love that is so beautiful and pure, that you can't help but try to grasp for it at every occasion. Stay and talk to Becky? No way! Flirt with the book girl? Why do that when there's someone who's actually interesting?! Get together with Carla the Cafeteria worker? No way in hell! (Although, she is kind of cute....)

 Linda is just so cute, and she's so shy, but that's alright, because you're willing to help her, anything to get her to marry you!

 Of course, sly man I am, I married her in 12 minutes.



And I'm not kidding when I say that Linda's Voice Actor has inspired me to join the VAA (Voice Actor Alliance) and help her with her production.

No comments: