Thursday, August 10, 2006

Good and bad news

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I now have time to update this blog.
The bad news is that I installed Windows again.

I know. It's a bad habit. But the good news is that I had installed XP this time. My parents finally decided that they actually did have an installation disk somewhere around here.
But there's more bad news. I think that, through installation, I accidently deleted my "Media" partition of my (hd0) [(hd0,3) to be percise.] (Is it bad that I use GRUB syntax for my labelings?). This may mean that I lost all of my music.

(I'm crying right now. Tomiko, why must you leave me again!)


Don't feel too bad for me. My (hd0) isn't the install device that I used, so don't fret.
I still have linux, but I messed it up badly by accident. I will use this oppritunity to make a gentoo distribution - completely compiled, not binary.

I think that I will get a Gensi Pegasos PC in the future. They're well priced at only ~$900 and are really well-powered (1GHz PPC G5 processor with 512MB of memory and an 80GB HDD!), and - best of all - are physically impossible to run windows on. Unless Gates finally lets his jelousy get ahold of him.

Pegasos's link is availible to the title of this post.

No comments: